As per our collective agreement, CUPE 1115 members are entitled to extended health and dental benefits. To find out more information about your benefits, or to download forms, visit the Green Shield Canada website (for City Unit) and click Login, then Login as Plan Member at the top right. If you have questions or concerns about your benefits, please speak to your steward or a member of the executive.
Benefits summary (City Unit, updated April 29, 2021):
Extended health benefits:
- Eye wear – $450 every two years
- Eye Exams – $75 every two years
- $500 lifetime payment for lasik eye surgery
- Hearing aids – $400 per year
- Orthotics & Orthopedic Shoes – contact benefit provider
- Chiropractor – up to $350 per year (from first dollar charged)
- Physiotherapy – up to $450 per year (from first dollar charged)
- Massage Therapy – Maximum of 10 visits per calendar year, cost per visit capped at $78 (medical referral required)
- Nine month recall except for children under 12 entitled to 6 month recall.
- Orthodontic services 50-50 co-insurance to a lifetime maximum of $2,750.00 per person. Once Orthodontic lifetime maximum has been exhausted, Corporation will self-insure to a further $500.00 lifetime maximum.
- Caps, Crowns and Root Canals to be included to the same co-insurance of 50-50 with a lifetime maximum of $2,750.00 per person.
- Preventative Pit and Fissure Sealant
- 30 days per trip
Benefits summary (Library Unit, updated April 29, 2021):
For more information on your benefits, visit the RWAM Insurance Administrators website.
- Chiropractor – $500.00 per year
- Physiotherapist – $500.00 per year
- Massage Therapy – $500.00 per year
- Acupuncture – $500.00 per year
- One (1) Eye Exam every twenty-four (24) months
- Glasses, Contact Lenses, and Laser Eye Surgery – $400.00 maximum every twenty-four (24) months effective January 1, 2019.
- Hearing Aids – $700.00 maximum every five (5) years
- Orthotics & Orthopedic Shoes — One pair per year to a maximum of $500.
- Contact your benefit plan provider.